If you suffer from chronic neck pain and are looking for relief, contact Dr. Poirier at Poirier Chiropractic. We provide quality chiropractic care for our patients in and around Shelby Township. We have years of experience treating a variety of conditions, including neck pain. We will create a customized chiropractic treatment plan designed to provide pain relief while supporting the healing process.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Whether it comes on suddenly or is chronic and develops over time, neck pain can be debilitating and prevent you from doing even simple everyday tasks. It is important to find the root cause of your neck pain before beginning treatment. Some of the most common causes of neck pain include:
- Muscle tension is common especially for those that work in front of a computer all day or are seated at a desk. Muscle tension causes inflammation that can not only lead to neck pain but also upper back pain and headaches.
- Prior injuries due to a car accident, sports injuries, or falls can cause neck pain to develop if left untreated. One of the most common injuries that can cause neck pain is whiplash, which can develop hours, days, or even weeks after an auto accident.
- Herniated cervical discs can cause both upper back and neck pain. This injury is common and can be caused due to age, sprains, and sudden movements.
- Medical conditions such as fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, and arthritis can cause neck pain to flare up. Your neck pain may become severe depending on how advanced the condition becomes.
Chiropractic Treatments in Shelby Township, MI
To help residents in and around Shelby Township find relief, Dr. Poirier uses a variety of chiropractic techniques to alleviate pain, reduce inflammation, and promote recovery. The techniques used to relieve your neck pain may include:
- Muscle massages to alleviate tension
- Muscle stretches to reduce inflammation
- Spinal decompression therapy to alleviate herniated disc pain
- Spinal adjustments to correct poor posture and spinal deformities
Contact Our Chiropractor for Neck Pain Relief in Shelby Township, MI
Contact our team at Poirier Chiropractic to schedule a comprehensive exam and to begin treatment for your neck pain. Chiropractic care is an excellent alternative to pain medication and surgery to find the neck pain relief that you need. Call our team today at (586) 566-5005 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.