Your neck does an excellent job of carrying your head for a lifetime. It also allows you to turn in virtually all directions. The neck is composed of tendons, ligaments, nerves, bones, and muscles, making the neck vulnerable to injuries, pain, stiffness, and immobility. Neck pain is one of the most common conditions that prompt patients to seek chiropractic services. At Poirier Chiropractic, we have been providing residents of Shelby Township, MI with chiropractic care for neck pain treatment for many years. Read on to learn more about the causes of neck pain and how our chiropractor addresses them.
Muscle Tension and Strain
These injuries can happen due to poor posture, heavy lifting, or jerking during exercises. Besides, one can get text neck after prolonged leaning forward while reading or staring at digital screens.
Sports activities, auto accidents, falls, and slips can cause injury to your neck’s ligaments, tendons, and muscles, causing pain. Besides, whiplash injury is a common neck injury when the neck suddenly moves back and forth, especially after a rear-end auto collision. Typical symptoms of whiplash injury include dizziness, jaw pain, headaches, and distorted vision.
Diseases that affect joints, nerves, and bones are likely to cause neck pain. Conditions likely to cause neck pain include:
- Osteoporosis: Weakening of the bones makes them susceptible to fractures. This condition is common in the hands, legs, and back, but it can occur on the neck.
- Arthritis: This condition causes deformity to the joints, causing pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- Fibromyalgia: This condition causes pain in the body muscles, particularly around the neck and shoulder region.
- Spondylosis: As you age, your cervical bones may degenerate, causing narrowing of the spaces between vertebrae bones. This narrowing puts pressure on the joints, causing pain.
Sometimes, neck pain originates from other areas of the body such as the back and shoulders. Our chiropractor will evaluate your musculoskeletal system to determine the root cause of your neck pain and provide treatment accordingly.
Neck Pain Treatment
Neck pain can be debilitating, preventing you from taking part in activities you love. The good thing is that you don’t have to keep tolerating the pain. Chiropractic care can bring relief using natural remedies. These include:
- Chiropractic adjustment: Adjustments align restricted joints. Over time, chiropractic adjustments will relieve your pain, restore your range of motion, and improve your body’s natural ability to heal itself.
- Massage therapy: Gentle pressure on your neck region releases pressure on tense muscles, reducing pain and inflammation.
- K-laser therapy: If strains, sprains, or arthritis are causing your neck pain, k-laser therapy will reduce pain and swelling while increasing your body’s healing rate.
Contact Our Chiropractor for Neck Pain Treatment in Shelby Township, MI
Call Poirier Chiropractic today at (586) 566-5005 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.