Your back does an incredible job of supporting and offering flexibility and strength to the upper body. While your back is made of strong muscles and joints, it doesn’t mean that it isn’t susceptible to injuries. When you have back pain, the pain is debilitating, and going about with everyday activities may be challenging. Thankfully, you can get chiropractic care from Poirier Chiropractic in Shelby Township, MI to treat your back using natural remedies.
Causes of Back Pain
Why does your back hurt? Here is what could be causing discomfort in your back region:
- Injury: Your back is made of numerous structures, including nerves, ligaments, tendons, bones, among others. If you get a knock, twist awkwardly, or lift weights repeatedly, you may injure the structures in your back, causing pain and limited mobility.
- Osteoarthritis: This autoimmune condition causes the cartilage cushioning your bones to wear out, leading to joint pain and stiffness.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the vertebrae column presses on the spinal cord and nerves, leading to pain.
- Herniated discs: Injuries, aging, and certain medical conditions may cause the vertebrae discs to shift out of place, pinching a nerve. As a result, you may experience pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve is pressed, you may experience pain that radiates from your lower back to the legs through the buttocks.
While anyone can get back pain, certain factors trigger the occurrence. For instance, if you are aged 60 and above, you are likely to suffer back pain. Similarly, your occupation, weight, smoking, and certain medical conditions put you at risk of back pain.
How a Chiropractor Treats Back Pain
Your back pain may have troubled you for days or even months, but it’s never a match for our natural treatments. Chiropractic care focuses on the root cause of the pain, which provides a long-lasting solution for your pain.
Spinal manipulation aligns your spinal joints, reducing pressure on the spinal nerves. Besides, spinal manipulation triggers your body’s self-healing mechanism, hastening recovery. The other chiropractic treatments we may use to treat your pain include:
- Laser therapy: This treatment uses a special light to trigger cell energy production, which reduces inflammation, improves blood circulation, resulting in faster healing.
- Traction table: We use a specialized table to align your spinal joints and other body parts to reduce restrictions that impede the optimal functioning of your nervous system.
- Stretching exercises: Simple exercises at home and in the office reduce pain, improve mobility, and strengthen your muscles against future injuries.
Depending on the cause of the injury, we may also recommend massage therapy, lifestyle counseling, and nutritional advice.
Back Pain Relief from Our Chiropractor
Suffering from back pain in Shelby Township, MI? You don’t have to continue wallowing in pain. Instead, book an appointment with Poirier Chiropractic for back pain management at 586-566-5005.